To apply for the job send your resume and a cover letter to Vestry members, Michelle Smith and Will Swisher.
To share this job click the link in the address bar and send it to your friends.
Our great desire is to offer life changing connections to Jesus, community and purpose. We believe that when this happens people will experience love, belonging, and have great meaning in their lives both now and for years to come.
Corporate worship is a communal response to what God has done for us in and through his Son Jesus. It opens hearts to the movement of God and the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments. It is vitally important to the mission of St. Philip’s that our worship be assessable to both believers and pre-Christian people.
The Director of Worship Arts will have a personal faith compatible with an evangelical theology defined by a view of the Bible as authoritative in all matters and an orthodox view of Christianity. The Director of Worship Arts will display an eagerness to see people meet Jesus as the only name under heaven and earth by which we might know salvation and redemption. The Director of Worship Arts will also desire to see the gifts of God’s Holy Spirit manifest in the life of the church.
St. Philip’s Director of Worship Arts leads worship team at church services and events, planning and executing appropriate musical selection and coordination of technical aspects such as lighting, sound, and media presentation. The Director of Worship Arts actively collaborates with the Rector and other staff members to ensure cohesion in message and recruits new talent and supporting volunteers. In addition to regularly scheduled worship services, the Direct or Worship Arts plans other special worship events throughout the year.
Because we value leadership, leadership development, and team building, recruitment and attention to the leadership pipeline is assumed to be an ongoing and constant value. In conjunction with St. Philip’s staff, furthering the Kingdom to establish / support ministries both within the congregation and the community is highly encouraged. The Director of Worship Arts is accountable to the Rector of St. Philip’s as well as to the Treasurer on financial matters.
- Organizes and executes corporate worship activities of St. Philip’s in consultation with the Rector and does so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Worship activities include all worship services and the support of student, children’s, Kidz Kamp and other ministry events
- Oversees song selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and dramatists at services and ministry events
- Recruits, leads, and develops a leadership/musical/worship volunteer pipeline to deploy in all aspects of St. Philip’s ministries
- Works in concert with the Rector and staff to build community within St. Philip’s and attract new followers to St. Philip’s through the establishment of appropriate missional groups and worship events. Actively organizes and leads missional activities to accomplish goals as outlined by the Rector
- Works with Treasurer to create and adhere to an annual budget and manage finances within budget
- Other duties as assigned by the Rector
Required: High school graduate or GED equivalent and relevant training
Preferred: 4-year bachelor’s degree and post-graduate theological study
Required: 3+ years in a worship setting as a Worship Leader or key team member (volunteer experience accepted)
Preferred: > 3+ years of experience and the ability to play a musical instrument as part of the Worship Team;
- A genuine love for Jesus
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various groups including children, parents and guardians, preschool and church staff, and the St. Philip’s congregation and community
- Time management and organizational skills necessary to appropriately prioritize job duties
- Regularly attends St. Philip’s Church as a member